One of the first steps to take when you have an interest in photography is to purchase a digital camera; this is likely because of its ease of use. Digital cameras all have the same basic operation, all run on batteries that need charging from time to time, all need some sort of memory card inserted, and they all have an on-off switch and a shutter button. The most important part of the digital camera is the user’s manual that comes with each one. Wedding photographers Surrey who are beginners must make it a point of duty to read the manual to so that they will be able to do some basic setup on their camera; learn how to turn on your camera; get comfortable working with the lens and make some shoots.
BEGINNERS GUIDE TO GETTING IMAGES FROM CAMERA TO COMPUTER
The simplest way for the wedding photographer Surrey beginner is to plug their camera into their computer if they don’t have a card reader. Every digital camera is packaged with a CD that includes software utilities for the camera. To transfer pictures from your camera to computer, there will be a need to install the CD on your computer. The other item in need is the USB cable that comes with the camera. When a card reader is available, it becomes easier to transfer images to the computer. Card readers are devices that connect to your PC via USB cable. These devices often accept multiple memory card formats, such as Compact Flash, SD Cards, XD Cards and Memory Sticks. The common processes for transferring images from the camera to computer are listed below:
- Make sure the computer is turned on.
- If transferring directly from the camera then turn the camera off.
- Plug the camera or card reader into the computer by inserting the camera end of the USB cable into the digital camera and the computer end of the USB cable into an available USB connection on the computer.
- Turn on the digital camera if transferring directly from the camera or plug in a memory card into the card reader.
- After a few seconds, the computer should recognize the camera or memory card and there will be a Prompt to choose the next step.
- The computer either prompts you to choose the method to copy your images, or the Camera’s software sends out the prompts.
- Choose to either copy the images to the default folder on the computer or choose a specific directory to copy these images to. The wedding photographer Surrey beginner should create a folder on the computer where the images can be copied to.
However, the camera’s software may automatically assign a folder name each time images are copied to the computer.
It is a good practice to ensure that the images are not only on the computer, but backed up to a CD or DVD for safe-keeping. If the images are accidentally deleted on the computer or the hard disk fails, the images on CD or DVD will still be safe.